Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Lost Gay Love Part 6 (To trinogamous or not to trinogamous?)

Its funny how memory just pops up into ones head about certain conversations that one has had with there other half. So I already spoken in the previous blogs about the whole marriage thing and that I am now going to working on the adoption part of my life. It came to me about a conversation that we had about a month ago, and I can still remember his facial expression on this one.

The conversation was basically about a couple that he has known and has been there for him on his ups and downs in his past relationships. I had come to notice some things about this certain couple when I would be on Facebook.  I didn't think much of it at first, but it started to dawn on me that the couple had taken on a third into the relationship.  I am not one to judge on what you want to do in your relationship.  Some like to have that relationship which I come to find out it is called a trinogamous.  Well my partner came home one day after work as usual and advised me of the couples change in relationship status.  My partner advised me previously that they have been having issues in trust so that is why they opened their relationship and added one more. I told him that I somewhat knew, but was not sure 100%.  The whole time he was tell me his facial expressions where daunting to me.  I quickly went to go on to tell him that I would never do such a thing in a relationship or want that in a relationship in any shape or form. To my surprise my partner had stated that he can not say, never, because who knows down the line it may happen.  Right then and there I felt as though I had been sucker punched in the stomach.  It was hard for me to finish eating the dinner I had made that night.  Throughout the night I wondered how long since he has found out of his friends new found love in a trinogamous relationship did he start to think that maybe down the line he would want one as well?  I have and always think of myself as a one man only relationship.  It should be enough that 2 people are in the same relationship with each other and not have to think of bringing in a third.  I mean really??? If that is the case why not stay single and live the stereotyped name of what everyone one has said about gay men?  I don't know I don't want that in my life.  I want that happiness that comes from being with one person and ONE PERSON ONLY.

So my question goes out to you.  How would you feel if your partner stated that he may not want a
trinogamous relationship, but that he can't say that he would never say he would want one?


"Not for me"


Sincerely,

Mister M


 


No comments:

Post a Comment